Our 24 wk appointment didn't quite go as planned. Our doctor informed us that the radiologist had found a Choroid Plexus Cyst on the ultrasound. I guess that was why the tech took so many measurements!! Basically the baby had a cyst in it's brain. The cyst was caused by a build up of spinal fluid in the brain and can be sometimes linked with chromosome abnormalities. Since then we have had another ultrasound and the cyst is gone!! Everything looked really good and the baby should have no lasting effects from the cyst! This parenting stuff can sure get stressful!! I never thought I could have such an attachment and caring over someone that isn't even born! Thank you to both of our families for all of your support and prayers!
On to more fun stuff! We have been so busy with school that we haven't even started getting the baby's room ready! We will hopefully get it mostly put together after we get back from our South Dakota trip in a couple of weeks! We have our crib and bassinet at the ranch so we can finally get those things up and make the room look like a baby might sleep in our guest room! Since we don't know the sex and have't had any baby showers yet, we have tried not to buy too many things and Peanut's room is still pretty bare!
I have gone from barely showing to actually looking pregnant! I just today weighed in at my prepregnancy weight! And with only 12 weeks to go I think I will stay under my 25lb goal! I still haven't committed to 100% maternity clothes and I hope I don't have to! My mom sent me a whole box of maternity shirts, so I should be set on shirts until the baby is here! I have not been very good about keeping up my walking routine, but I did complete a very hilly 5k last weekend! I'm hoping to get back on track these last 12 weeks!
Our 28 wk ultrasound went really good as soon as the tech told us the cyst was gone!! It is amazing at how different the baby looks after 8 weeks! We can defintely see some of the different features that the baby has! Peanut will most likely have Manuel's nose, but other than that we still aren't sure who the baby will look like! I still am not sure wether the baby is a girl or boy! I guess that mother's intuition still hasn't hit me fully!! There are still lots of you that haven't given a guess on the baby pool (Grandpa and Grandma Thorpe to name a couple!). http://bebepool.com/go/?a=babydiaz&view=list Only 12 weeks to make a guess!!
20 weeks pregnant
26 weeks pregnant
Baby's profile

No comments:
Post a Comment