It has been 3 months since my last post and just a few things have changed! Ha! Elizabeth Renae Diaz was born November 12th. She was 8lbs 8ozs, 20 inches. I woke up at 3am at the 12th with contractions 5 minutes apart. I laid around watching Private Practice on computer until about 4:30 when I told Manuel I was in labor. He went back to sleep for a little bit and then decided to get up and get some chores done. We did some laundry and bathed the dogs, but by 6:30 contractions were 2 minutes apart. Bryson called at that exact time to check if he could still put in an entry to the baby pool! We then headed off to the hospital, only to not start pushing until 9pm!!! Greta even made it just a few hours before I started pushing! Elizabeth was born at 10:03pm. It was so awesome when the Dr announced that Peanut was a girl!! The next hour was a blur. We were both in shock at how amazing such a little girl can be. Early the next morning I was calling Bryson and Greta to come up and see Elizabeth. I might have wanted to see Westyn and Jace a little bit too! Elizabeth was perfectly healthy and doing great, so we got to leave the hospital on Sunday afternoon. It was a very sureal drive home. We decided to call her Betsy for short, but have mostly used Elizabeth so far! The first few days at home were a little crazy, but my parents arrived on Wednesday to save us! In between cleaning and working on the plumbing, they both had time to cuddle with Betsy!!
Elizabeth has been quite the traveler! She went to SD for Thanksgiving and was baptized at the same church that I was baptized in! A few weeks later we traveled down to Texas for Christmas and New Years. She was good for the most part, but that is a long ways for anybody to ride in a car!
Elizabeth has been growing like a weed ever since! She is in the higher percentiles in both length and weight. She moved into 6 month clothes at around 10 wks! I think 9 months clothes are not far away! I will do my best to keep up the blog, but I warn you that the next few months will be a little busy with boards and graduation!! Here are some pictures.....
4 weeks
8 weeks
Pictures with Santa
Elizabeth's Baptism 11/28/10
No comments:
Post a Comment